|Total Hours||Core||Elective Hours|
|Total Hours||Elective Hours||Price||Add To Cart|
18-Hr. CA CE Required Topics Package (with Ethics course)
Core Hours: 18
33-Hr. CA CE First-Time & Subsequent Renewals Package (with Ethics course)
Core Hours: 18
33-Hr. CA CE Subsequent Renewals Package
Core Hours: 8
45-Hr. CA CE First-Time & Subsequent Renewals Package (with Ethics course)
Core Hours: 18
45-Hr. CA CE Subsequent Renewals Package
Core Hours: 8
California Requirement Details for Real Estate Continuing Education
Continuing Education and License Renewal Date: Every four years
Hours Required By The State: 45 hours
SALESPERSONS AND BROKERS RENEWING FOR THE FIRST TIME AFTER 1/1/2016
Real estate Salespersons and Brokers renewing an original license for the first time with an expiration date on or after 1/1/2016 or who are renewing on a late basis on or after 1/1/2016 must complete 45 clock hours of continuing education consisting of:
- Six separate 3-hour courses in the following subjects: ethics, agency, trust fund handling, fair housing, risk management, and management and supervision; and
- At least 18 hours in consumer protection courses
- The remaining clock hours required to complete the 45 hours of continuing education may be related to either consumer service or consumer protection courses.
SALESPERSONS AND BROKERS - SECOND & SUBSEQUENT RENEWALS AFTER 1/1/2016
For subsequent renewals, all real estate Brokers and Salespersons with an expiration date on or after 1/1/2016 or who are renewing on a late basis on or after 1/1/2016 must complete 45 clock hours of continuing education consisting of:
- One 8-hour survey course covering the six mandatory subjects (ethics, agency, fair housing, trust fund handling, risk management, and management and supervision) OR licensees can choose to take each of the mandatory subjects separately
- A minimum of 18 clock hours of consumer protection courses
- The remaining clock hours required to complete the 45 hours of continuing education may be related to either consumer service or consumer protection courses
The CE Shop is an approved real estate CE school in California; license number 4883
CalBRE Disclaimer: The courses in this California catalog are approved for continuing education by the California Bureau of Real Estate. However, these course approvals do not constitute an endorsement of the views or opinions expressed by the course sponsor, instructor, authors, or lecturers.
The CE Shop's Offering: 45 hours
Reporting: The state does not require schools to report CE hours.
CalBRE Rules: Per CalBRE Regulation 3007.3:
- You will be limited to completing final examinations for a maximum of 15 credit hours during any one 24-hour period. Note: The date/time you electronically sign the course is the date/time it will be marked as completed. You are responsible for monitoring this to ensure you are not signing off on more than 15 hours in one day.
- A maximum of eight hours of reading/study time per day will be used to calculate the number of days that must elapse from the time you have had access to the course material until you can access the examination (e.g., if you started an 8-hour course and completed the final exam in a 24-hour period, the final exam for an additional course will not be available until the next 24-hour period).
- You must spend the required number of hours navigating through the content and completing the incremental assessments prior to being granted access to the final examination (e.g., for a 3-credit course, a minimum of three hours must elapse and you must complete all unit quizzes before you can access the final exam).
The course system will automatically track these rules and a message at the bottom of your course will let you know when your final exam is available.
Course Expiration Date: Expiration dates vary by course, but are generally one year after the order date. Each course has an individual expiration date that is listed in your account.
Final Exams: You must pass your final exams with a score of at least 70%. You will be allowed to re-take your final exams once if you don’t pass on your first try. If you don’t pass the exams after your second attempt, you may re-enroll at no cost (by contacting customer support) and retake the entire course, including the final exams. Pursuant to Article 25 – Section 3007.3 (f)(k)(o), you are allotted one minute per question on the final exams.
Certificates: Upon completion of the course, The CE Shop will provide you with an electronic Certificate of Completion. Certificates will remain in your account for a minimum of five years, should you need additional copies. Please refer to your license renewal application to determine if you need to submit your Certificate of Completion with your license renewal request. Course completion dates are recorded using Central Standard Time. Please note that the date of your Certificate of Completion will reflect this.
CalBRE Survey: A course and instructor evaluation is available on the California Bureau of Real Estate (CalBRE) website at www.calbre.ca.gov. Access this form by typing in "RE 318A" in the search box located in the upper-right corner of the home page. You will be notified of this survey and how to access it on your course completion slide, as well as in your completion email.
Additional Licensing Information:
License Renewal Process: The process to renew in this state is to log in to the licensing system online and follow the prompts to renew. https://secure.dre.ca.gov/elicensing/
1651 Exposition Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95815
The CE Shop Approved Courses (enter "CE Shop" in the Enter Course Provider Name field)